STITCH BOND POLYESTER FABRIC is used as a reinforcing material in our Mulasticoat waterproofing systems, to create and reinforce flashings around the perimeter of the application area, and around penetrations and drains.
PRODUCT: T272 Grade Stitch-Bonded Polyester Reinforcement Fabric, 6” wide, or 12” wide by 324 lf.
USE: T272 reinforcement fabric is a stitch-bonded heat-set polyester high-performance reinforcement fabric. Its commonly used with liquid coatings to create a solid reinforcement layer. Its compatible with liquid solvent-based asphalt roof coatings, water-based emulsion coatings, cold-applied built-up roofing, elastomeric roof coatings and other liquid roof maintenance and restoration systems. It is one of the strongest yet flexible fabrics available for adding reinforcement to seams, panel overlaps, splits, joints, cracks, protrusions, and flashings. The soft grade of fabric is very pliable and designed to conform to irregular and dissimilar surfaces, yet lay flat. The fabric has high absorption capability, allowing liquid coating materials to quickly wet into and become encapsulated, forming tough waterproof details and reinforcements.
- Water based coatings
- Acrylic elastomeric roof coatings and emulsions
- Asphalt coatings and emulsions
- Solvent based coatings
- All roof repair mastics, cements, wet patch materials, etc.
- Tensile Strength: 57-74 lbs (ASTM D-1682)
- Trapezoidal Tear Strength: 16 lbs (ASTM D-1117)
- Elongation: 61-63% (ASTM D-1682)
- Mullen Burst (Ball) 176 lbs (ASTM D-3786)
- Weight of Fabric: 3 oz. / sq yard
- Thread Count/Gauge: 12 threads per inch (commonly called 14 gauge)
- Color: White to off-white with printed alignment stripe.
- Maximum VOC: 0 (g/l).
- Flammability Rating: 0
- Health: 0
- Reactivity: 0
- Protective Equipment: A